29 Sep 2010

The Other Tiong Bahru.... Lor Mee

Lor Mee..Bukit Purmei.


I was told,the other half of Tiong Bahru Lor Mee,went Bukit Purmei.
I have already said,in my previous post click,I am quite familiar with the orginal Tiong Bahru Lor Mee.

Well I have to admit I really can't recognize this guy(their uncle),I can only remember ladies much better.Hee..hee!
There is no indication that,this lor mee is from Tiong Bahru.The sign just says "Lor Mee".

The lor mee was served.Just one looked...it does not have any resemble to the former Tiong Bahru or to the present Bukit Batok Lor Mee.Topped with Char Siew,pork,fish cake,ngoh hiang,crispy bits,chopped garlic with a dash of vinegar and etc.The sauce looked slightly more to a red brownish in colour.

.
Well ,the looks was not the same,so how about taste?
Well the taste of the sauce, has nothing to do with Tiong Bahru Lor Mee.Infact I don't think,it has anything to do with a lor mee taste.
I have eaten quite a number of lor mee,different tastes,I can still, relate them to a different tasting lor mee.(Not comparing  Heng Hwa Lor Mee )
But this is,really a very different,completely another dimension of taste.The thick,smooth starchy,porky tasting sauce had a sweeter,very flavourful ,balanced,mellowing taste.I could have,had just the sauce alone.Just too yummy....wonderfully tasty.

Every scoop of the sauce and mee,had these wonderful crispy bits,just giving oomph,to every bite.And these crispy bits were really crackling up the whole flavour and taste.Awesome crispy bits,no joke!

To some,more to the traditional, might have difficulty accepting this taste in a Lor Mee.

.But,what the heck!
This is one hell,of a heavenly tasting starchy gooney sauced MEE. Maybe fusion,who cares, I loved it.Making another trip soon.
Certainly worth  my trip.
Prices from $2.50.Mine was $3.50












Lor Mee
Blk 109 Bukit Purmei Road
7am - 3.30pm
Closed on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment